Stara Planina Fest "Balkan folk 2010"
Director: Mariana Nutsova
Date: 30 April - 17 May 2010
Place: Old Bulgarian capital Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria
Stara Planina Fest "Balkan Folk 2010” is held within the scope of Musical Fests “Euro Folk 2010” – The World is television. Musical Fests are held in different European cities and countries during the whole year 2010 under the aegis of the European Association of Folklore Festivals - EAFF.
Musical Feasts “Euro Folk 2010” comprise fifteen (15) musical festivals. Main event of Musical Feasts “Euro Folk 2010” is No 1 Festival in Europe for the traditional folklore arts – Stara Planina Fest “Balkan Folk” in Bulgaria. Every year from 9 000 to 15 000 musicians, singers and dancers take part in it.
Simultaneously with Stara Planina Fest “Balkan Folk 2010” in Veliko Tarnovo is held the National Championship of Folklore Arts "Euro Folk 2010". The participants in Stara Planina Fest “Balkan Folk” can apply for participation in the National Championship of Folklore Arts "Euro Folk 2010", as they pay in addition a participation fee of 5 leva per a participant. The awards of the National Championship of Folklore Arts "Euro Folk 2010" are specified in the regulation of the Championship.
Typical feature of Musical Feasts “Euro Folk 2010” is that all of the performances are recorded with professional audio and television technics and the best of them are repeatedly broadcasted by more than 50 cable televisions in Bulgaria, by the satelite televisions "New Bulgarian Television", "Bulgaria TV" and “Heros TV”, as well as by the World Wide Internet televisions "Euro Folk" at www.eurofolk.com/tv and "Rodina TV" at www.tvrodina.com. All this activities realize the main purpose of Musical Feasts “Euro Folk 2010” – The world is television - to popularize the traditional folk arts through the enormous possibilities of mass media.
1. Fest program for folklore art in front of a jury. Every day from April 30 to May 17 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
2. Fest program for old town, classical patriotic and tourist songs in front of a jury. Every day from April 30 to May 17 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
3. Fest program with Orthodox Church songs at the Cathedral church of Veliko Tarnovo from April 30 to May 12 from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
4. Evening concerts of the collectives honored by the jury every day from 7,30 p.m.
5. Shooting of video clips from 10 a.m. to 4,30 p.m. from May 1 to 17.
6. Official opening and closing of the Fest on May 1 and May 16 at 7 p.m.
7. Big horo (Bulgarian folklore dance) on May 1, 8 and 15 at 6,30 p.m. around “Mother Bulgaria” monument.
The registration of the participants at their arrival is going to be made at the office in the centre of Veliko Tarnovo nearby “Mother Bulgaria” Monument.
For participation in Stara Planina Fest “Balkan Folk 2010”:
1. Art directors of groups and collectives specify by themselves their programs for participation. We recommend the duration of the programs not to exceed 30 minutes.
2. The groups and the individual performers to orientate to songs, melodies, customs and dances which are typical for the settlement and the region, which is significant for the color and the prototype of the folklore material.
3. A big profit would be the proper attitude to the costumes, requisite and the instruments of the groups, which is of a big importance for the domestic truth of the folklore traditions.
4. Specially will be awarded the successful attempts for individual performances of songs and humorous couplings. The time for their performance is not included in the total time of the group. There are awards also for authors’ songs in the traditional genres.
5. In the Fest’s program can take part artistic collectives and individual performers from all genres – folk choirs, ensembles, orchestras and dance groups, collectives for old town songs, classical songs, tourist songs, patriotic songs and church songs, without requirement for age or organization affiliation.
6. The participation fee is 3 leva for 1 minute on stage.
7. Each collective can apply for participation in the National Championship of Folklore Arts "Euro Folk 2010" against additional fee of 5 leva per one participant.
The main criterion is the performer’s mastery.
Participants obtain object awards, deeds and honored signs, diplomas for laureates, discoveries, for a sufficient contribution at preserving and popularizing of the traditional Bulgarian folklore arts, a diploma for participation in an evening concert.
Distinguished music performers and art directors shall obtain a Diploma for conferring the rank Maestro and Maestro Academic.
The awards of the National Championship of Folklore Arts "Euro Folk 2010" are described in the regulation of the Championship at this site.
AccreditationsEach music company, community centre, school or independent organization can send its representatives to the Festival, as the expenses are taken by the side who sends them.
A 10% advance payment of the total amount for lodging or board and lodging (calculated on the chosen by the group prices and the number of days to stay) should be deposited /in EURO/ at Eurobank EFG Bulgaria /BULGARIAN POST BANK/ - branch Veliko Tarnovo, IBAN: BG97BPBI79311047679001, S.W.I.F.T. BPBIBGSF by 30.03.2010 to Euro Folk Academy Ltd. For example, for a group of twenty-one people who would stay at a two-star hotel, boarding and lodging for six days the amount comes out to: 21 x 6 x 27 = 3402 EURO. The deposit is 3402 x 0.1 = 340,2 EURO. This amount should be deposited on the appointed account. The discounts will be substracted by the final payment that will be made at the arrival day.
The prices for lodging, which include the festival service are as follows:
- four star hotel
boarding and lodging - 49 EURO
- three star hotel
boarding and lodging - 35 EURO
- two star hotel
boarding and lodging - 27 EURO
- one star hotel
boarding and lodging - 21 EURO
On every group of 20 people one gets service for free.
The sender covers all bank fees.
The invoices are received from the office at the centre of Veliko Tarnovo nearby “Mother Bulgaria” Monument.
All filled in and signed applications will mean acceptance of the terms laid by the present regulation.
The registration of the participants at their arrival in Veliko Tarnovo is going to be made at the office if “Balkan Folk” nearby “Mother Bulgaria” Monument.
The following document had been assembled in Bulgarian and translated in English. In case of any arising argument only the Bulgarian version is valid.