Nessebar, resort "Sunny Beach", St. Vlas and Pomorie
Director: Kaloyan Nikolov
The European Championship of Folklore "Euro Folk 2017” is held within the scope of Musical Feasts “Euro Folk” – The World is television. Musical Feasts are held in different European cities and countries during the whole year 2017.
Musical Feasts “Euro Folk” comprise forthy five (45) musical festivals, held under the aegis of the European Association of Folklore Festivals - ЕАFF. Main event of Musical Feasts “Euro Folk” is No 1 Festival in Europe for the traditional folklore arts – Stara Planina Fest “Balkan Folk” in Bulgaria. Every year from 9 000 to 15 000 musicians, singers and dancers take part in it.
Typical feature of Musical Feasts “Euro Folk” is that all of the performances are recorded with professional audio and television technics and the best of them are repeatedly broadcasted by more than 20 cable televisions in Bulgaria and 4 satellite televisions covering Europe, as well as by the World Wide Internet television "EuroFolkTV" at tv.eurofolk.com All this activities realize the main purpose of the European Association of Folklore Festivals - ЕАFF - to popularize the traditional folk arts through the enormous possibilities of mass media.
The concerts of the European Championship of Folklore “Euro Folk 2016” are broadcasted live on the World Wide Internet Television „EuroFolkTV”. tv.eurofolk.com
June 30 - Competition - Parade - Official opening - Stage "Antique Amphitheater" - Nessebar
July 01 - Competition - Stage - Pomorie
July 02 - Competition - Stage - Pomorie
July 03 - Free day excursions, Master Class
July 04 - Free day excursions, Master Class
July 05 - Free day excursions, Master Class
July 06 - Free day excursions, Master Class
July 07 - Competition - Stage "Theater Arena" - Sveti Vlas
July 08 - Competition - Stage "Theater Arena" - Sveti Vlas - Ceremony and announcement of winners and official closing gala concert of winners.
July 09 - Departure of the groups
The program of the European Championship of Folklore "Euro Folk 2015" can be download HERE
- Those who wish to take part in the Festival must fill-in application form.
- The collectives, who apply for participation, must have obtained prestigious awards from other festivals; the awards should be notified in the application form.
- All participants are to make their own travel arrangements to and from Varna and stages and pay their travel expenses. The Organizing Commitiee provides accommodation and cultural program (excursions) by agreement with the participants.
- A group delegation can include artists and their accompanying party. The number of artists and accompanying people is not limited.
During the participation of the team in the Championship, it may be invited by the organizers to take part in joint events – Official opening, Official closing, defile, accompanying concerts, cocktail, master class, or others. The presence of invited teams in various events is required.
- The application forms should be filled in.
- The participants pay the specified prices for participation in the European Championship of Folklore "Euro Folk”. The advanced payment is 20% from the total amount for the participation of the group. It is payable after approval of participation. That condition is in order to booking in the active resort season.
- Send by post, to the address of EAFF or with attachment to email, demos of at two performances, or link to a video posted on YouTube or other social site for video sharing. The application to be added annotation of the participant and promotional materials - photos. The photo should not be less than 1 MB. Sent materials will not be returned.
- Individual performers and duets pays and participation fee 50 Euro.
- The price includes staying the night, breakfast, dinner and organizational services.
Regulations of Contest
B) Folklore songs groups, modern arrangement of folklore music; - (choirs and ensembles)
C) Folklore dances groups, authentic folklore; (folklore dance groups, ensembles)
D) Folklore dances groups; modern choreography (folklore dance groups, ensembles)
E) Folklore mix ensembles - Authentic performances; (live vocal, instrumental and dance)
F) Folklore mix ensembles - Processed performances; (live vocal, instrumental and dance)
G) Folklore Instrumental groups; folklore music (ensembles and orchestras)
H) Folklore customs groups ; replica (folklore groups, ensembles)
I) Group for old urban songs; (folklore groups, ensembles)
*i individual performers and duets by all categories exept E,F,H;
*1 by all categories there is also ranking of children and young people up to 18 years. /in children's and youth groups can participate up to 30% of participants from different age /
*2 by all categories there is ranking adults people up 18 years.
1. Level of complexity and technique of performance
2. Vision /costumes, properties, staging, selection of repertoire/
3. Stage manners /behavior on stage, gestures, contact with the audience, spirit emanation, artistry/
- Songs - up to 10 minutes
- Dances - up to 10 minutes
- Ensemble performances – up to 15 minutes
The winner of the Grand Prize of European Champion of Folklore "Euro Folk 2017" - Grand Prix "Orpheus", a Gold medal and a Diploma for Absolute European Champion of Folklore for 2017 receives also a cash prize of 1,000 Euro.
- At the discretion of the jury Nomination "Orpheus" is awarded, which gives the right for participation in the ranking for the Grand Prix "Orpheus".
- The champions are awarded gold medals, while second and third place - silver and bronze medals. Winners receive certificates for laureates and a diploma for European Champion of folklore for 2017 in the relevant category.
- In the separate categories may be given additional gold, silver and bronze medals with the relevant diplomas.
- Jury awards the top performers with a recommendation for participation in World Championship of Folklore.
- All participants receive diplomas and object - prizes.
- Special Jury Prizes for Authentic costume, Stage costume, Modern processing, Musical accompaniment, Artistic behavior, Soloist and others. The awards are announced at a ceremony during the European Championship of Folklore "Euro Folk".
- At the discretion of the jury and the producers Euro Folk Academy the prominent art leaders are honored with a Diploma for obtaining the rank Maestro or Maestro Academic. Diplomas are sent to Ministry of Culture of the relevant country or the Mayors of municipalities with a request for handing in appropriate way.
Points valid for World ranking list of folklore.
|Championship||Odds||Points for participation||
Points by Category
Points by Grand Prix
Next: - 8 p.
Registration of the Participants
The prices for the staying, including the necessary service, are as follows:
REGISTRATION FEE (for participants and accompanying persons)
5 days - 175 Euro per person
10 days - 320 Euro per person
In a group of 25 people - 1 person for free
The BASIC PACKAGES for 5 days / 10 days include:
- 5 / 10 nights in a 3/4, 4/4 rooms
- 5 / 10 breakfasts – Swedish table
- 5 / 10 lunch or dinners – Swedish table
- Organizing taxes, Acrediting taxes
- TV broadcast, records, stage, audio eqipment
EARLY BIRDS - 10% DISCOUNT for application till 20 DECEMBER 2016
The participation fee NOT includes:
- Supplement for double room – 5 euro per day per person.
- Supplement for single room – 15 euro per day per person.
- NOT INCLUDED: Travel - Personal expenses - Facultative tours (tour of Burgas, Varna, Nessebar, Sozopol, Ropotamo river, Kazanlak, Shipka, Veliko Tarnovo)
- Inner Transport, insurance
- Transport from Airports: /Burgas, - 35 km., Varna - 110 km., Sofia - 410 km., Istanbul - 390 km.
- What is not specified in the above mentioned “the fee includes”.
Accomodation in Hotels: Goverment base "Sunny Beach" and others
For example for a group, consisting of 26 people for staying in a hotel with spending the night, breakfast and dinner,
- for 5 days the amount is being calculated in the following way: 25 (+1 person for free) х 175 EURO = 4350 EURO. The booking advanced payment equals 4350 х 0,2 = 875 EURO.
- for 10 days the amount is being calculated in the following way: 25 (+1 person for free) х 320 EURO = 8000 EURO. The booking advanced payment equals 8000 х 0,2 = 1600 EURO.
This amount must be transferred via the mentioned bank account. The discounts shall be rendered at the final paying off.
The registration is made on the basis of an application form for participation by the collective. After confirming the application form, an advanced payment should be made.
Against payment participants can order full recordings of their performances on DVD. These products have the right to be broadcast in the relevant country.
The minimum term for participation is 5 days.
The registration of the participants at their arrival is going to be made at Goverment base "Sunny Beach", Bulgaria.
The sender covers all bank fees.
Participants do not get paid for their performance.
All filled applications will mean acceptance of the terms laid by the present regulation.
Unambiguous text: Uponapproved participation in the Championship, the collectives or organizations representing them give the Organizer the right performances to be recorded on audio and video, shaped in a program presenting the festival and broadcast on a TV channel or otherwise, for which a contract is signed.
Any group willing to participate must submit an Application form.
Approved groups pay in advance a 10% guarantee fee, which is to be deducted at the final payment.
Next stage payment 20% for booking of accomodation.
Rest of payment 70% - 15 days before start of festival, or on registration with permission of organizers.