Director: Georgi Topuzliуski
The jury of the World Cup of Folklore - Hisarya 2017" uses the ranking system of the European Association of Folklore Festivals – EAFF. The marks of the ensemble appeared in the competition program are valid for ranking in the World ranking list of folklore.
Along with the World Cup of Folklore - Hisarya 2017, Bulgaria is held the Balkan Championship of Folklore "Euro Folk - Jiva voda 2017".
Participants in Balkan Championship of Folklore "Euro Folk - Jiva voda 2016" was 202 folklore groups with more then - 3 000 participants.
Participants in the World Cup will be able to take part in the Balkan Championship of Folklore "Euro Folk - Jiva voda 2017", Bulgaria with extra payment of the participation fee.
Euro Folk Academy, Municipality of Hissarya and other.
Within the framework of Musical Feasts "Euro Folk".
Musical Feasts "Euro Folk" comprise of forty-five music festivals and are held under the auspices of the European Association of Folklore Festivals - EAFF in different European cities. Main event of Musical Feasts "Euro Folk" is № 1 Festival in Europe of traditional folk arts - Stara Planina Fest "Balkan Folk" in Bulgaria. It is yearly attended by 7 000 to 15 000 musicians, singers and dancers.
Typical feature of Musical Feasts "Euro Folk" is that all performances are recorded with professional audio and television technics and the best of them are repeatedly broadcasted by more than 50 cable and satellite televisions, as well as by the Worldwide Internet Television "EuroFolkTV" at tv.eurofolk.com.
Town host - Hissarya, Bulgaria
Hisar / Hisarya (the Augusta, Diocletianopolis, Seuthopolis, Aleksiopolis, Toplitsa) has a rich thousand-year history. The favorable climate and mineral waters have attracted people in these places of ancient times. Here is a prehistoric settlement existed even before the V-IV century BC The late Thracian settlement near the mineral springs became part of Odryssae state. Some spas were built medical-religious sanctuaries (nympheum). From this period dates the big Thracian cult facilities near Starosel.
After the conquest of the province of Thrace by the Romans in 46, around mineral springs emerged big Roman city. In 293 the Emperor Diocletian gave him the status of the city and since its beginning with massive retaining walls and construction of new urban solutions. In its preservation and originality defense system and the architecture of the Roman town Diocletianopolis ranks among the top in Europe. In many places the fortress wall reaches a height of 11 meters and the southern fortress gate stands 13 meters archaeological studies state that the fortress was reinforced by 44 towers. In the ancient city has had four major gates.
10.00 - Welcoming of participants in the Tourist Information Centre in Hissarya
11.00 - 19.00 – Competition program. Tours for the free groups.
19.00 – Official opening ceremony
21.00 – End of the competition program
11.00 – Beginning of the competition program. Tour for the free groups.
21.00 – End of the competition program
11.00 – Beginning of the competition program. Tours for the free groups.
19.00 – Official closing ceremony and announcement of the winners by categories and GRAND PRIX winner
20.00 – End of the program
Departure of the participants. Tours.
12.00 h - Check out of hotels
To participate in the contest, the participants need accreditation, which is realized under the following conditions:
- Groups willing to participate in the World Cup complete and sign application forms.
- Collectives applying for participation must have obtained prestigious awards from other festivals, awards to be mentioned in the application.
- All participants are to make their own travel arrangements to and from Hisarya, Bulgaria and pay their travel expenses. The Organizing Commitiee provides accommodation and cultural program (excursions) by agreement with the participants.
- A group delegation can include artists and their accompanying party. The number of artists and accopanying people is not limited.
During the participation of the team in the World Cup, it may be invited by the organizers to take part in joint events – Official opening, Official closing, defile, accompanying concerts, cocktail, master class, competition for traditional breads or others.The presence of invited teams in various events is required.
Regulations of the Contest
Contest system includes the following categories:
A) Folklore vocal groups, authentic folklore (choirs and ensembles)
B) Folklore vocal groups, modern arrangement of folklore music; (choirs and ensembles)
C) Folklore dance groups, authentic folklore; (folklore dance groups, ensembles)
D) Folklore dance groups; modern choreography (folklore dance groups, ensembles)
E) Folklore mix ensembles - Authentic performances; (live vocal, instrumental and dance)
F) Folklore mix ensembles - Processed performances; (live vocal, instrumental and dance)
G) Folklore Instrumental groups; folklore music (ensembles and orchestras)
H) Folklore customs groups; replica (folklore groups, ensembles)
I ) Group for old urban songs; (groups, ensembles)
*i individual performers and duets by all categories exept E,F,H;
*1 by all categories there is also ranking of children and young people up to 18 years. /in children's and youth groups can participate up to 30% of participants from different age /
*2 by all categories there is ranking adults people over 18 years old.
Formations that can take part in the competition program:
folklore ensembles; vocal and dance groups; choirs; clubs for folk dances; groups for old urban songs; brass bands and folk orchestras; individual performers and duets;
The jury evaluates by the following 3 criteria:
1. Level of complexity and technique of performance
2. Vision /costumes, properties, staging, selection of repertoire/
3. Stage manners /behavior on stage, gestures, contact with the audience, spirit emanation, artistry/
The program duration of the separate groups / participants should not exceed:
The jury is entitled to reduce the overall assessment for non-compliance of regulations.
The jury consists of three members. In jury committee may participate only members authorized by EAFF.
- The big award World Cup of Folklore™- Hissarya 2017, Bulgaria and a diploma for the WINNER of WORLD CUP OF FOLKLORE
- Vouchers for participation in World Championship of Folklor WORLD FOLK and other with total sum of 2000 Euro
- First awards in the relevant categories and a diploma for the World Cup of Folklore™ for the relevant category. The champions obtain golden medals, and for the second and third place – silver and bronze medals. At jury’s decision in the single categories could be given additional golden, silver and bronze medals with the relevant diplomas.
- The jury awards the best performances with a free of charge shooting and producing of a free video clip.
- All of the participants are granted with deeds for laureates, diplomas and object – awards. The awards are granted on a ceremony during World Cup of Folklore™- Hissarya 2017, Bulgaria.
- In jury’s opinion and the producers from Euro Folk Academy the best performers and artistic directors shall be honoured with a Diploma for obtaining the rank Maestro or Maestro Academic. The diplomas are sent to the relevant municipalities with asking for a ceremonial delivery.
- All award winners get a free of charge copy of the TV product, which consists of their performances, and has been broadcasted in Bulgaria or in Europe.
- The participants can order against payment full recordings of their performances, including video clips, CD and DVD. These products have the right to be broadcasted in the relevant country.
- World Cup of Folklore™ categories are consistent with the categories of the World ranking list of folklore.
- Collected points standings with odds for a World Cup of Folklore™
Points valid for World ranking list of folklore.
|Championship||Odds||Points for participation||
Points by Category
Points by Grand Prix
World Cup of Folklore™
Next - 6т
Unambiguous text: The collectives or presenting organizations, if approved by the jury to participate in the World Cup of Folklore™, give the organizers the right to be recorded on video and audio, arranged in a program, presenting the fest and broadcasted by a TV channel or in some other way, for which a contract agreement will be signed.
Registration of the Participants
Participation fee: (for participants and accompanying persons)
The participation fee includes:
Accommodation in 1/3 and 1/4 rooms in 2* hotel,
Half-board (breakfast and dinner-buffet)
Free place on every 25-th member /25 +1/
Organization expenses for one category
First aid and emergency support will be provided
Degrees**, Invitation letter***
Additional day is 25 Euro per person per night
Supplement for 1/2 TWIN/DOUBLE room is 5 Euro per person per night, for 1/1 - single room is 10 Euro per person per night
Supplement for 3* hotel is 5 Euro per person per night
Registration fee in contest in second category is 5 Euro per person, no more than 150 Euro for the group.
Facultative tours (tour of Starosel, Plovdiv, Veliko Tarnovo, Sofia)
For all participants, the municipality offers free tour of the archaeological reserve Diocletianopolis, tour and visit to Thracian cult complex Starosel.
Transport from airports: /Plovdiv - 40 km. Sofia, - 180 km., Burgas - 280 km., Varna - 390 km., Istanbul - 450 km./
Transportation /organizer can arrange transportation from/to airport - price depends of number of people
Horse riding - "Trakietz" Horse sport center
Mineral pool beach - open air
Mineral heath bath, SPA
The registration of the participants will be made upon their arrival at the Tourist Information Centre Hissar.
The competition program and the concerts shall be held at the Summer Amphitheatre and in "Ivan Vazov" Community center in the town of Hissarya.
Unambiguous text: Upon approved participation in the Championship, the collectives or organizations representing them give the Organizer the right performances to be recorded on audio and video, shaped in a program presenting the festival and broadcast on a TV channel or otherwise, for which a contract is signed.
All bank charges are for the account of the sending party.
Participants do not get paid for their performance.
Completed applications for participation will mean acceptance of the conditions laid in this Regulation.