The former Bulgarian capital Veliko Tarnovo
Stara Planina Fest “Balkan Folk 2008” will be held within the scope of "Euro Folk 2008" Musical Feasts - The world is television, which is in different European cities and countries from 2 May till 19 October 2008.
Musical Feasts “Euro Folk 2008” comprise fifteen musical festivals and are held under the aegis of European Association of Folklore Festivals - EAFF.
Main event of the Musical Feasts “Euro Folk 2008” is Festival №1 in Europe of the traditional folk arts – Stara Planina Fest “Balkan Folk “. Every year in the Festival participate from 9 000 to 15000 musicians, singers and dancers.
Typical feature of Musical Feasts “Euro Folk 2008” is, that all performances are recorded with professional audio and television technics and the best of them are repeatedly broadcasted by 50 cable televisions in Bulgaria and by the cable and satelite national televisions "Eurocom Bulgaria" and "Heros TV", as well as by the World Wide Internet Television "Euro Folk" at www.eurofolk.com/tv .All this activities realize the main purpose of Musical Feasts “Euro Folk 2008” – The world is television to make popular through the media the traditional folk arts.
- Fest folklore program for folk art in the presence of a jury. Every day from 2nd of May till 19th of May from 9 AM to 5 PM.
- Fest program for old drawing-room songs, classical, patriotic and touristic songs in the presence of a jury. Every day from 2nd of May till 19th of May from 9 AM to 5 PM.
- Fest program with Orthodox church songs in the Cathedral church of Veliko Tarnovo from 2nd of May till 12th of May from 2 PM to 5 PM.
- Evening concerts of the honoured from the jury groups every day from 7,30 PM.
- Panorama TV productions from 10 AM till 4.30 PM from 2nd of May till 19th of May.
- Defiles in the center of Veliko Tarnovo on 3th, 10th and 17th of May from 6 PM.
- Official opening and closing of the Fest on 3th of May and 17th of May at 7 PM.
- Big national horo on 3th, 10th and 17th of May around the monument “Maika Bulgaria”.
The registration of the participants on their arrival in Veliko Tarnovo will be held at the Palace of Culture and Sport “Vasil Levski”.