Director: Georgi Topuzliiski
Participants are ensembles from: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Greece, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Croatia, Serbia, Italy, Romania, Slovenia, Turkey and others.
Town host - Hissarya, Bulgaria
Hisar / Hisarya (the Augusta, Diocletianopolis, Seuthopolis, Aleksiopolis, Toplitsa) has a rich thousand-year history. The favorable climate and mineral waters have attracted people in these places of ancient times. Here is a prehistoric settlement existed even before the V-IV century BC The late Thracian settlement near the mineral springs became part of Odryssae state. Some spas were built medical-religious sanctuaries (nympheum). From this period dates the big Thracian cult facilities near Starosel.
After the conquest of the province of Thrace by the Romans in 46, around mineral springs emerged big Roman city. In 293 the Emperor Diocletian gave him the status of the city and since its beginning with massive retaining walls and construction of new urban solutions. In its preservation and originality defense system and the architecture of the Roman town Diocletianopolis ranks among the top in Europe. In many places the fortress wall reaches a height of 11 meters and the southern fortress gate stands 13 meters archaeological studies state that the fortress was reinforced by 44 towers. In the ancient city has had four major gates.
To participate in the contest, the participants need accreditation, which is realized under the following conditions:
- Groups willing to participate in the Championship complete and sign application forms.
- Collectives applying for participation must have obtained prestigious awards from other festivals, awards to be mentioned in the application.
- All participants are to make their own travel arrangements to and from Hisarya, Bulgaria and pay their travel expenses. The Organizing Commitiee provides accomodation and cultural program (excursions) by agreement with the participants.
- A group delegation can include artists and their accompanying party. The number of artists and accopanying people is not limited.
During the participation of the team in the Championship, it may be invited by the organizers to take part in joint events – Official opening, Official closing, defile, accompanying concerts, cocktail, master class, competition for traditional breads or others.The presence of invited teams in various events is required.
- Applications for participation in the competition program shall be submitted no later than 10 April, 2014.
- Participants pay a fee to participate in the Balkan Championship of Folklore "Euro Folk - Living Water 2014".
B) Folklore songs groups, modern arrangement of folklore music; - (choirs and ensembles)
C) Folklore dances groups, authentic folklore; (folklore dance groups, ensembles)
D) Folklore dances groups; modern choreography (folklore dance groups, ensembles)
E) Folklore mix ensembles - Authentic performances; (live vocal, instrumental and dance)
F) Folklore mix ensembles - Processed performances; (live vocal, instrumental and dance)
G) Folklore Instrumental groups; folklore music (ensembles and orchestras)
H ) Folklore customs groups ; replica (folklore groups, ensembles)
I) Group for old urban songs; (folklore groups, ensembles)
*i individual performers and duets by all categories exept E,F,H;
*1 by all categories there is also ranking of children and young people up to 18 years. /in children's and youth groups can participate up to 30% of participants from different age /
*2 by all categories there is ranking adults people up 18 years.