Nessebar, resort “Sunny Beach”, Burgas, Pomorie, St. Vlas
Director: Kaloyan Nikolov
European Championship of Folklore "Euro Folk 2014” is held within the
scope of Musical Fests “Euro Folk” – The World is television. Musical
Feasts are held in different European cities and countries during the
whole year 2014.
Musical Feasts “Euro Folk 2013” comprise forthy five (45) musical festivals and are held under the aegis of the European Association of Folklore Festivals - ЕАFF. Main event of Musical Feasts “Euro Folk” is No 1 Festival in Europe for the traditional folklore arts – Stara Planina Fest “Balkan Folk” in Bulgaria. Every year from 9 000 to 15 000 musicians, singers and dancers take part in it.
Typical feature of Musical Feasts “Euro Folk” is that all of the performances are recorded with professional audio and television technics and the best of them are repeatedly broadcasted by more than 50 cable televisions in Bulgaria and 4 satellite televisions covering Europe, as well as by the World Wide Internet television "TV Eurofolk" at tv.eurofolk.com All this activities realize the main purpose of the European Association of Folklore Festivals - ЕАFF - to popularize the traditional folk arts through the enormous possibilities of mass media.
The concerts of the European Championship of Folklore “Euro Folk 2014” are broadcasted live on the World Wide Internet Television „TV Eurofolk”.
July 4 - Competition - Parade - official opening
July 5 - Competition
July 6 - Competition
July 7 - Free day excursions, Master Class
July 8 - Competition
July 9 - Free day trips, Master Class
July 10 - Competition
July 11 - Competition
July 12 - Competition - Ceremony and announcement of winners and official closing gala concert of winners.
July 13 - Departure of the groups
- Those who wish to take part in the Festival must fill-in application form.
- The collectives, who apply for participation, must have obtained prestigious awards from other festivals; the awards should be notified in the application form.
- All participants are to make their own travel arrangements to and from Nessebar and stages and pay their travel expenses. The Organizing Commitiee provides accomodation and cultural program (excursions) by agreement with the participants.
- A group delegation can include artists and their accompanying party. The nomber of artists and accopanying people is not limited.
During the participation of the team in the Championship, it may be invited by the organizers to take part in joint events – Official opening, Official closing, defile, accompanying concerts, cocktail, master class, or others. The presence of invited teams in various events is required.
- The application forms should be sent not later than May 20, 2013.
- The participants pay the specified prices for participation in the European Championship of Folklore "Euro Folk 2013”. The advanced payment is 20% from the total amount for the participation of the group. It is payable after approval of participation, but not late of May 30, 2013. That condition is in order to booking in the active resort season.
- Send by post, to the address of EAFF or with attachment to email, demos of at two performances, or link to a video posted on YouTube or other social site for video sharing. The application to be added annotation of the participant and promotional materials - photos. The photo should not be less than 1 MB. Sent materials will not be returned.
- Individual performers and duets pays and participation fee 50 Euro.
- The price includes staying the night, breakfast, dinner and organizational services.
Regulations of Contest
B) Folklore songs groups, modern arrangement of folklore music; - (choirs and ensembles)
C) Folklore dances groups, authentic folklore; (folklore dance groups, ensembles)
D) Folklore dances groups; modern choreography (folklore dance groups, ensembles)
E) Folklore mix ensembles - Authentic performances; (live vocal, instrumental and dance)
F) Folklore mix ensembles - Processed performances; (live vocal, instrumental and dance)
G) Folklore Instrumental groups; folklore music (ensembles and orchestras)
H ) Folklore customs groups ; replica (folklore groups, ensembles)
I) Group for old urban songs; (folklore groups, ensembles)
*i individual performers and duets by all categories exept E,F,H;
*1 by all categories there is also ranking of children and young people up to 18 years. /in children's and youth groups can participate up to 30% of participants from different age /
*2 by all categories there is ranking adults people up 18 years.
- Songs - up to 10 minutes
- Dances - up to 10 minutes
- Ensemble performances – up to 15 minutes