The former Bulgarian capital Veliko Tarnovo
Stara Planina Fest “Balkan Folk 2006” will be held within the scope of "Euro Folk 2006" Musical Feasts - The world is television, which is in different European cities and countries from 3 May till 21 October 2006.
Musical Feasts “Euro Folk 2006” comprise twelve musical festivals.
Main event of the Musical Feasts “Euro Folk 2006” is Festival №1 in Europe of the traditional folk arts – Stara Planina Fest “Balkan Folk “. Every year in the Festival participate 15000 musicians, singers and dancers. Other typical festival of the Musical Feasts “Euro Folk 2006” is “Euro Folk – Russian island 2006” International Festival for Traditional Folk Arts – held in Moscow, Russia.
Typical feature of Musical Feasts “Euro Folk 2006” is, that all performances are recorded with professional audio and television technics and the best of them will be broadcasted in Europe.All this activities realize the main purpose of Musical Feasts “Euro Folk 2006” – The world is television to make popular through the media the traditional folk arts.
- Fest folklore program for folk art in the presence of a jury. Every day from 3th of May till 22nd of May from 9 AM to 5 PM.
- Fest program for old drawing-room songs, classical, patriotic and touristic songs in the presence of a jury. Every day from 3th of May till 22nd of May from 9 AM to 5 PM.
- Fest program with Orthodox church songs in the Cathedral church of Veliko Tarnovo from 5th of May till 15th of May from 2 PM to 5 PM.
- Evening concerts of the honoured from the jury groups every day from 7,30 PM.
- Panorama TV productions from 10 AM till 4.30 PM from 3th of May till 22nd of May.
- Defiles in the center of Veliko Tarnovo on 5th, 13th and 20th of May from 6 PM.
- Official opening and closing of the Fest on 5th of May and 20th of May at 7 PM.
- Big national horo on 5th, 13th and 2oth of May around the monument “Maika Bulgaria”.
The registration of the participants on their arrival in Veliko Tarnovo will be held at the Palace of Culture and Sport “Vasil Levski”.
Method Instructions for participation in Stara Planina Fest “Balkan Folk 2006”
- The art directors of groups and collectives define at their own what would be the program for participation. We recommend the duration to be not longer than 30 minutes.
- The groups and the individual performers have to be orientated towards typical for their villages and regions songs, melodies, customs, horos and dances, which has a great significance for the colour and archetype of the folk material.
- Of great favour would be the attentive bearing towards the costumes, requisites and instrumentarium of the groups, which has a determinative significance for the folk-style truth of the folklore traditions.
- The successful attempts for individual performance of songs and humorous scenes will be awarded. Their duration is not part of the general performance duration of the group. There is also awards for authors songs in traditional genres.
- In the Fest program can participate art collectives and individual performers from every genre – national choares, ensembles, orchestras and dance troupes, collectivites for old drawing, classicalq touristic, patriotic and church songs without any requirements for age or organisational belonging.
- The participation fee is 1 EURO per person.