Old Bulgarian capital Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria
Director: Mariana Nutsova
Stara Planina Fest "Balkan Folk 2011” is held within the scope of Musical Feasts “Euro Folk 2011” – The World is television. Musical Feаsts are held in different European cities and countries during the whole year 2011 under the aegis of the European Association of Folklore Festivals - EAFF.
Musical Feasts “Euro Folk 2011” comprise thirty five (35) musical festivals. Main event of Musical Feasts “Euro Folk 2011” is No 1 Festival in Europe for the traditional folklore arts – Stara Planina Fest “Balkan Folk” in Bulgaria. Every year from 9 000 to 15 000 musicians, singers and dancers take part in it.
Simultaneously with Stara Planina Fest “Balkan Folk 2011” in Veliko Tarnovo is held the National Championship of Folklore Arts "Euro Folk 2011". The participants in Stara Planina Fest “Balkan Folk” can apply for participation in the National Championship of Folklore Arts "Euro Folk 2011". The awards of the National Championship of Folklore Arts "Euro Folk 2011" are specified in the regulation of the Championship.
Typical feature of Musical Feasts “Euro Folk 2011” is that all of the performances are recorded with professional audio and television technics and the best of them are repeatedly broadcasted by more than 50 cable televisions in Bulgaria, by the satelite televisions "New Bulgarian television", "Bulgaria TV" and “Heros TV”, as well as by the World Wide Internet televisions "Euro Folk" at www.eurofolk.com/tv and "Rodina TV" at www.tvrodina.com. All this activities realize the main purpose of Musical Feasts “Euro Folk 2011” – The world is television - to popularize the traditional folk arts through the enormous possibilities of mass media.
Online TV broadcast live on the Internet of all concerts
REGISTRATION FEE (forparticipants and accompanying persons)
Hotel 1 / one / star:
3 days - 69 Euro per person - 23 Euro / day / person
5 days - 110 Euro per person - 22 Euro / day / person
10 days - 190 Euro per person - 19 Euro / day / person
Hotel2 / two / stars:
3 days - 81 Euro per person - 27 Euro / day / person
5 days - 125 Euro per person - 25 Euro / day / person
10 days - 230 Euro per person - 23 Euro / day / person
Hotel3 / three / stars:
3 days - 96 Euro per person - 32 Euro / day / person
5 days - 150 Euro per person - 30 Euro / day / person
10 days - 280 Euro per person - 28 Euro / day / person
In a group of 21 people – 1 person for free
The BASIC PACKAGE for 3 days / 5 days / 10 days include:
• 3/5/10 nights in a standard double / triple / quadruple room at 1, 2 or 3 star hotel
• 3/5/10 breakfasts
• 3/5/10 lunches
• 3/5/10 dinners
• Official opening with a gala concert - 5-10 minutes each
• 1/2/4 public appearances of 20 - 30 minutes for the competition program
• TV mobile station with a professional filming crew
• Online TV broadcast live on the Internet of all concerts
• Final concert with Official Closing Ceremony
• Awards and diplomas in the categories of the festival, DVD, CD
• Winners receive "GRAND PRIX", First Prize in the relevant category and diplomas of laureates. The distinguished by the jury artists and artistic leaders are awarded diplomas for Maestro or Maestro Academic through the Ministry of Culture of the relevant country.
• Information materials about the festival / program and posters /
• Complete festival service
1. Fest program for folklore art in front of a jury. Every day from April 29 to May 16 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
2. Fest program for old town, classical patriotic and tourist songs in front of a jury. Every day from April 30 to May 16 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
3. Fest program with Orthodox Church songs at the Cathedral church of Veliko Tarnovo from April 30 to May 12 from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
4. Evening concerts of the collectives honored by the jury every day from 7,30 p.m.
5. Shooting of video clips from 10 a.m. to 4,30 p.m. from May 1 to 16.
6. Official opening and closing of the Fest on May 1 and May 16 at 7 p.m.
7. Big horo (Bulgarian folklore dance) on April 1, on May 7 and 14 at 6,30 p.m. around “Mother Bulgaria” monument.
The registration of the participants at their arrival is going to be
made at the office in the centre of Veliko Tarnovo nearby “Mother
For participation in Stara Planina Fest “Balkan Folk 2011”:
1. Art directors of groups and collectives specify by themselves their programs for participation. We recommend the duration of the programs not to exceed 30 minutes.
2. The groups and the individual performers to orientate to songs, melodies, customs and dances which are typical for the settlement and the region, which is significant for the color and the prototype of the folklore material.
3. A big profit would be the proper attitude to the costumes, requisite and the instruments of the groups, which is of a big importance for the domestic truth of the folklore traditions.
4. Specially will be awarded the successful attempts for individual performances of songs and humorous couplings. The time for their performance is not included in the total time of the group. There are awards also for authors’ songs in the traditional genres.
5. In the Fest’s program can take part artistic collectives and individual performers from all genres – folk choirs, ensembles, orchestras and dance groups, collectives for old town songs, classical songs, tourist songs, patriotic songs and church songs, without requirement for age or organization affiliation.
6. The participation fee is 3 leva for 1 minute on stage.
7. Each collective can apply for participation in the National Championship of Folklore Arts "Euro Folk 2011" against additional fee of 5 leva per one participant.
The main criterion is the performer’s mastery.