Nessebar, resort “Sunny Beach”, Burgas, Pomorie, St. Vlas, Bulgaria
Director: Kaloyan Nikolov
With the support of UNESCO
- GRAND PRIX "Golden Orpheus", a gold medal and a diploma of ABSOLUTE EUROPEAN CHAMPION OF FOLKLORE for 2013
- The Winner of Grand Prize "Euro Folk 2013" – Grand Prix "Golden Orpheus" takes also a money prize of 1000 Euro.
- First award in the relevant 8 categories and a diploma of EUROPEAN CHAMPION OF FOLKLORE for the relevant category. The Champions obtain gold medals. For the second and third place obtain – silver and bronze medals.
- The distinguished by the jury and the producers of Euro Folk Academy artists and artistic leaders are awarded diplomas for Maestro or Maestro Academic through the Ministry of Culture of the relevant country.
REGISTRATION FEE (for participants and accompanying persons)
5 days - 175 Euro per person
10 days - 320 Euro per person
In a group of 25 people - 1 person for free
The BASIC PACKAGES for 5 days / 10 days include:
• 5 / 10 nights in a standard double/triple/quadruple room in a 3 / three / star hotel
• 5 / 10 breakfasts, dinners – Swedish table
• Official opening with a gala concert - 5 -10 minutes for each
• Defile - parade on the opening day
• 2 / 4 public appearances of 20 minutes for the competition program
• LIVE TV broadcast on the Internet of all concerts
• Final concert with Official Closing ceremony
• Information materials about the festival / program and posters /
European Championship of Folklore "Euro Folk 2013” is held within the
scope of Musical Fests “Euro Folk” – The World is television. Musical
Feasts are held in different European cities and countries during the
whole year 2013.
Musical Feasts “Euro Folk 2013” comprise forthy five (45) musical festivals and are held under the aegis of the European Association of Folklore Festivals - ЕАFF. Main event of Musical Feasts “Euro Folk” is No 1 Festival in Europe for the traditional folklore arts – Stara Planina Fest “Balkan Folk” in Bulgaria. Every year from 9 000 to 15 000 musicians, singers and dancers take part in it.
Typical feature of Musical Feasts “Euro Folk” is that all of the performances are recorded with professional audio and television technics and the best of them are repeatedly broadcasted by more than 50 cable televisions in Bulgaria and 4 satellite televisions covering Europe, as well as by the World Wide Internet television "TV Eurofolk" at tv.eurofolk.com All this activities realize the main purpose of the European Association of Folklore Festivals - ЕАFF - to popularize the traditional folk arts through the enormous possibilities of mass media.
The concerts of the European Championship of Folklore “Euro Folk 2013” are broadcasted live on the World Wide Internet Television „TV Eurofolk”.
July 5 - Competition - Parade - official opening
July 6 - Competition
July 7 - Competition
July 8 - Free day excursions, Master Class
July 9 - Competition
July 10 - Free day trips, Master Class
July 11 - Competition
July 12 - Competition
July 13 - Competition - Ceremony and announcement of winners and official closing gala concert of winners.
July 14 - Departure of the groups
- Those who wish to take part in the Festival must fill-in application form.
- The collectives, who apply for participation, must have obtained prestigious awards from other festivals; the awards should be notified in the application form.
- All participants are to make their own travel arrangements to and from Nessebar and stages and pay their travel expenses. The Organizing Commitiee provides accomodation and cultural program (excursions) by agreement with the participants.
- A group delegation can include artists and their accompanying party. The nomber of artists and accopanying people is not limited.
During the participation of the team in the Championship, it may be invited by the organizers to take part in joint events – Official opening, Official closing, defile, accompanying concerts, cocktail, master class, or others. The presence of invited teams in various events is required.
- The application forms should be sent not later than May 20, 2013.
- The participants pay the specified prices for participation in the European Championship of Folklore "Euro Folk 2013”. The advanced payment is 20% from the total amount for the participation of the group. It is payable after approval of participation, but not late of May 30, 2013. That condition is in order to booking in the active resort season.
- Send by post, to the address of EAFF or with attachment to email, demos of at two performances, or link to a video posted on YouTube or other social site for video sharing. The application to be added annotation of the participant and promotional materials - photos. The photo should not be less than 1 MB. Sent materials will not be returned.
- .Individual performers and duets pays and participation fee 50 Euro.
- The price includes staying the night, breakfast, dinner and organizational services.
10 days - 320 Euro per person
• 5 / 10 breakfasts – Swedish table
• 5 / 10 dinners – Swedish table
- for 5 days the amount is being calculated in the following way: 25 (+1 person for free) х 175 EURO = 4350 EURO. The advanced payment equals 4350 х 0,2 = 875 EURO.
- for 10 days the amount is being calculated in the following way: 25 (+1 person for free) х 320 EURO = 8000 EURO. The advanced payment equals 8000 х 0,2 = 1600 EURO.
Regulations of Contest
B) Processed folklore songs; classic vocal and modern arrangement (choirs and ensembles)
C) Instrumental performances; folklore music (soloists, duets, orchestras)
D) Processed folklore dances; modern choreography (folklore dance groups, ensembles)
E) Authentic folklore dances; (folklore dance groups, ensembles)
F) Folklore ensemble performances; (live vocal, instrumental and dance)
G) Folklore customs; replica (folklore groups, ensembles)
H) Old urban songs;
- Songs - up to 10 minutes
- Dances - up to 15 minutes
- Ensemble performances – up to 20 minutes