Old Bulgarian capital Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria
Director: Mariana Nutsova
The festival has an excellent quality certificate, issued by European Association of Folklore Festivals - EAFF.
LIVE TV broadcast on the Internet of all concerts
Stara Planina Fest "Balkan Folk 2013” is held within the scope of Musical Feasts “Euro Folk 2013” – The World is television. Musical Feаsts are held in different European cities and countries during the whole year under the aegis of the European Association of Folklore Festivals - EAFF.
Musical Feasts “Euro Folk 2013” comprise forthy five musical festivals. Main event of Musical Feasts “Euro Folk” is No 1 Festival in Europe for the traditional folklore arts – Stara Planina Fest “Balkan Folk” in Bulgaria.
Every year from 9 000 to 15 000 musicians, singers and dancers take part in it.
Simultaneously with Stara Planina Fest “Balkan Folk 2013” in Veliko Tarnovo is held the National Championship of Folklore Arts "Euro Folk 2013". The participants in Stara Planina Fest “Balkan Folk” can apply for participation in the National Championship of Folklore Arts "Euro Folk 2013". The awards of the National Championship of Folklore Arts "Euro Folk 2013" are specified in the regulation of the Championship.
The registration of the participants at their arrival is going to be made at the office in the centre of Veliko Tarnovo nearby “Mother Bulgaria” Monument.
Methodical instructions for participation in Stara Planina Fest “Balkan Folk 2013”:
1. Art directors of groups and collectives specify by themselves their programs for participation. We recommend the duration of the programs not to exceed 30 minutes.
2. The groups and the individual performers to orientate to songs, melodies, customs and dances which are typical for the settlement and the region, which is significant for the color and the prototype of the folklore material.
3. A big profit would be the proper attitude to the costumes, requisite and the instruments of the groups, which is of a big importance for the domestic truth of the folklore traditions.
4. Specially will be awarded the successful attempts for individual performances of songs and humorous couplings. The time for their performance is not included in the total time of the group. There are awards also for authors’ songs in the traditional genres.
5. In the Fest’s program can take part artistic collectives and individual performers from all genres – folk choirs, ensembles, orchestras and dance groups, collectives for old town songs, classical songs, tourist songs, patriotic songs and church songs, without requirement for age or organization affiliation.
6. Each collective can apply for participation in the National Championship of Folklore Arts "Euro Folk 2013" .
The main criterion is the performer’s mastery.